Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Sweet Day

The good times that made us laugh outweigh the bad
And I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say
goodbye to yesterday~


할아버지, 잘지내고 있지?

I can't believe it's been nine years already. Never had I imagined I'd be graduating from college in one semester and heading to medical school. Seems like time just flew by. But it's still so vivid...hiking with you on your favorite trail, sitting at the mountaintop eating the 김밥 you rolled early in the morning, and watching the sunrise.

At the time, my world ended when mom told me you were diagnosed with lung cancer. Even today all I ask is why? I'm still waiting for God to give me an answer. And even though you never proclaimed to accept Jesus as your savior, I choose to believe you're watching down on me from Heaven next to Jesus because he's performed miracles before. I choose to believe that you're still smiling so hard it's hard to distinguish your eyes.



I hope that everything I've done up to this point has been enough. I know how much you have sacrificed so that I have all the opportunities you never did growing up. And before I go, there's just one last thing I want to say:

I won't be afraid

I'll be alright if you help me
I know you're looking down from Heaven
And I won't let you down
I'll be everything you taught me
And all that I know is I'll wait
Patiently to see you in Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment